As our loyal Tech & Sourcing readers know, we have been doing our best to keep you informed about the requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and what you can do to prepare as its January 1, 2020, effective date draws near. Continuing that vein, we invite you to an upcoming webinar wherein Morgan Lewis partners Reese Hirsch, Mark Krotoski, and Carla Oakley and associate Kristin Hadgis will provide an overview of the latest amendments to the CCPA, the state of the law and related regulations, and practical perspectives on CCPA compliance.
The Morgan Lewis team will discuss the following topics:
- The new one-year exemption for employee data*
- The new one-year exemption for B2B communications*
- Other new amendments, including those related to the use of toll-free numbers and verifiable consumer requests*
- Failed amendments and other issues to watch
- Status of California attorney general regulations and a possible new ballot initiative
- Other state laws influenced by the CCPA
- Preparing for the January 1 effective date and 2020 enforcement date
We hope you will join us for the one-hour webinar on Tuesday, October 22 at 1:00 pm ET.
*Indicates an amendment to the CCPA that has passed the California Legislature but, as of this writing, has not yet been signed into law by Governor Gavin Newsom.